#1TAI MONITORING AND IDENTIFYING CHANGES TO PRACTICE

Inquiry Question:


Build assessment capable learners, especially Māori Boys to increase their oral language capability to improve their writing 

                                        

  How am I going to implement this?

        • Gift language as a scaffold for talking and writing
        • Model picture talk
        • Context related to interests
        • Value high expectations of talk
        • Use multimodel features in my learning design to support writing
        • Scaffold writing frameworks
        • Use Stonefields high leverage practises to enable assessment capable learners
        • Use School Talk to support the learning

Student learning: I want to see these learners showing confidence in speaking, and transferring their talk into writing. I want to see learners using their gift of language into their writing. Broaden their ideas and extend their vocabulary.

Teaching hypotheses

I felt it was important to refine my hypotheses.

"if I encourage my students to write for a real purpose, then they will be motivated to write."

"If my learning design is rich, real and multi-model in it's approach it will be provide more opportunities for learners to experience success in their writing.

"If I have high expectations of my learners in their ability to talk and write they will make improved shifts in their writing achievements."


“If I focus on providing feedback to my learners, they will know their next steps and will take ownership to improve their writing.”


What research

Jannie van Hees - Language in Abundance

Improving the writing performance, knowledge, and self-efficacy of struggling young writers: The effects of self-regulated strategy development - by Steve Graham, Karen R. Harris & Keith Beard

Content-Area Conversations - by Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey and Carol Rothenberg


What is changing in my practise?


Learning is rich, real and multi-model. It is contextual. Language is gifted to extend vocabulary and support with ideas to write. We are able to provide feedback through conversations and digital support.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Causal Chain 2023

Inquiry Summary - Burst and Bubbles 2022

Junior Agency Self Perception Tool (JAT)