Whānau Feedback from running Writing Flexi Connects

 Surveying my parents based on the Writing Flexi Connects - Collecting Data





For parents the experience has been worth while

It’s useful for me to know how I can support my child and what they should be focused on improving. It’s been especially useful over lockdown
It was a great opportunity to see my child's writing and hear them understand their next steps in their learning. It is also great to have this chance to regularly touch base with their teacher to see how they are progressing.
It’s does work to improve **** writing and give him chance to express his thoughts to describe
It creates the connection between school and my child. It keeps the routine almost the same.

comments taken from survey


Reflecting on how I have made an impact for these learners and their whānau


The connects have enabled me as a parent to work with my child and assist in ensuring she in working on the right things. Charlotte’s writing has really improved recently with her using more interesting words in her writing
Mrs Unka is motivating my child to keep pushing herself to be the best writer she can be
She encouraged his writing appreciation and told him different strategies how to improve his writing help him alot
She has inspired his creativity through dedication and persistence while he has gone off track. Always including him regardless of his ability. This has given him self confidence to try.

Upon reflection of running the writing flexi connects I would like to continue these connections throughout the year. I would like to make them happen more happen more organically. This year I booked them in through out the term. It may need to adjust from a one size fits all model to a more needs bases. It will also depend on where the learner is up to in the process of learning. 


This will depend where they are up to when reaching the feedback part of writing. This Inquiry has made me realise the potential of engaging whānau to strengthen relationships between home and school and raise student achievement. 

Sarah Martin

Principal Stonefields School


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Causal Chain 2023

Inquiry Summary - Burst and Bubbles 2022

Junior Agency Self Perception Tool (JAT)