Today I observed one of my learners during reading and he had his tools ready from his toolbox. He knew to draw his sound boxes, had his blend card and high frequency word list and he was away! Creating the culture to empower learners to take ownership for their learning.
Tuesday, 4 December 2018
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
A milestone for share:
- What happened for the learners?
- What evidence do I have for this?
- What did I do to make this happen?
- Wonderings about what next
Felt rewarding to share the act of change created this year. To celebrate the raise in student achievement. I look forward to continuing to share my experiences and knowledge to influence other practitioners.
Thursday, 25 October 2018
Wednesday, 24 October 2018
Below is one of my learning goals for this year. The image is taking from school talks rubric. Under each goal shows evidence of how I have achieved my goal to date.
DESIGNS REAL LEARNING
PART OF ME
Intuitively uses the teaching cycle and the learning process to design deep and engaging learning experiences before, during and after being with the teacher. The teacher reflects, justifies and adapts practice to deliberately move learning from surface (BK) to deep (MM) and transfers (AU) during learning experiences.
1. Learners using a road map to drive their own learning, knowing their next steps. This is a visual support to work alongside school talk.
2. Learners immersed in passion led reading, based on their break through groups. Images taken from learners slide show used or their presentation.
3. Using the three level guide to comprehend the text, using oral language skills (Janie van Hees)
4. Learners Engaged in reading by designing deep engaging learning experiences.
Saturday, 20 October 2018
A way of showcasing our Stonefields Values. An opportunity for us to collaborate together and change up the timetable, be immersed in authentic learning and have an enriched literacy programme.