Explicit teaching of the Learning Process

 

See Video of teaching practise using the Learning Process



By ensuring deliberateness of teaching the Learning Process it will give learners access to know what to do when they are writing.

When I ask my target learners what they find hard about writing the majority to say 'what to write', 'how to write the words' and 'what words to use.'

I am noticing that learners sometimes use word cards to help them spell a word, but don't know that the Learning process can help them. Learners don't know which learning rock they are working in or what thinking skill they are using. 

Over the last term I have created the visuals of the learning process to be more visible. I am explicitly using the Learning Process in writing especially (see the video that shows this). 

My next step in my Inquiry is to continue this deliberateness when using the Thinking skills. By making the thinking skills visual will help learners to know how to access them and use them when they are in the learning pit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Causal Chain 2023

Inquiry Summary - Burst and Bubbles 2022

Junior Agency Self Perception Tool (JAT)