Dig Deeper into my Inquiry - Reading Strategy Bookmarks

What have I tried?                                    What was successful?                   Where to next?

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 12.02.53 pm.png


  • Learners are beginning to use the prompts now to help them with making inferences about the text.

Student Voice
“These bookmarks help me when I am reading. I like the learning pit one because I say to myself I feel…, and then I can say I want to feel…’

‘When I am self aware in reading I think about what the characters could have differently.’

  • Learners who have moved to a strong ‘Orange’ level are more confident to use the bookmarks.Related image

Where to next?
  • More scaffolding required with learners who are blue and green readers.Image result for reflect stonefields school

Re-create a bookmark with the learning process broken up and verbs - e.g., using prompts to know how to bring what I know…

Use Sheena Cameron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Causal Chain 2023

Inquiry Summary - Burst and Bubbles 2022

Junior Agency Self Perception Tool (JAT)