Dig Deeper into my Inquiry - Reading Strategies Bookmarks

         What have I tried?                                    What was successful?                   Where to next?

Reading Strategies Bookmarks

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.55.27 pm.png

  • Learners have a tangible resource to support them when they are in the learning pit with sounding out a word and making meaning of it.

Student Voice:
“It reminds to look at the pictures first and not sound out each letter, like I use to’.

‘ it helps a lot, it’s getting easier and easier every day.’.

“If I don’t know a word I just get my bookmark and it reminds me what to do when I am stuck on a word.’

Parent Voice:
‘Helps with Ruby’s confidence to have something there to help her.’



Noticings
For some learners they have gained more confidence with knowing what to do when sounding out a word.

Related image
Where to next?
  • Hitting the ZPD for ESOL Learners, critically thinking about how we can ensure that our ESOL learners are understanding the strategies for sounding out tricky words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Causal Chain 2023

Inquiry Summary - Burst and Bubbles 2022

STOP - REFLECT - REFINE & TAKE ACTION